Sunday, August 17, 2008

Victoria, British Columbia

We stayed at the Empress Hotel and it was fancy. Eric thought the tour guide at the hotel was anti-American but we have forgiven her. She explained that Canada has mountain lions and the US of A has cougars. What? As a BYU alum I am partial to any cougar but if a mountain lion wants to be American I am not going to argue with that.


The sign says "happy people in happy boats" but not so much. We went on a harbor tour but it was more lame than interesting. We did learn of where to eat fish and chips however, and it may have been better than our West Seattle Spuds which is practically impossible to imagine.
Emily made a friend and he was Canadian but she didn't mind. I am not sure what he thought.
Eric, Emily and I went to Miniature World which sounded a little iffy for a tourist attraction, in fact, Lonny couldn't, wouldn't do it. It was as they said, minaturetastic! Besides one of the world's largest model railroads there were castles, dollhouses, the circus, Dicken's world, Fairy tales, World War II battles and I am sure more that I can not remember, all in miniature. I give it 4 stars.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: