Thursday, May 12, 2011

April showers

bring May weddings. Is that what they say? The Townsends are having an off year for weddings in 2011, but still best wishes to the happy couples all celebrating their anniversary this week.



May 8, 2004

May 10, 2002


May 12, 2010

And congratulations to me that they survived to wed.

I was reminded of my offspring's frequent peril on Tuesday afternoon. Emily and I were leaving the dignity of the French Exam Award Ceremony. A girl and her younger brother were running and screaming toward their car to sit shotgun. I am talking teenagers, the girl had just received an award. A high school student, you know, old enough to know better and big enough to slap her beloved sibling harder. They collided in the front seat together until the big sis ended the slugfest by surrendering.

Their dad was horrified that they might have dinged our car while flinging their car door open. They had not. I couldn't resist giving him some unsolicited advice though.

Assigned seats.

It allowed my kids to grow up and marry relatively unmaimed. The scars they carry are from other forms of abuse.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Assigned seats. Brilliant. Wish I'd thought of that.