Sunday, August 30, 2009

Does everyone

have 50 gazillion things going on at the same time? I am the enrichment leader in our ward and we have been planning a super Saturday since March. It was time consuming. Understatement. It probably didn't help that I was out of town for five out of the ten weeks of summer. We made these ABC Quiet books that I had to round up all the materials for. The bows were made for my granddaughter, Kirsten, by a gal in the ward that has a four year old son. She told me to tell Kirsten that they were from her future mother-in-law. Her boy has a long distance crush.
Super Saturday was fun but I was super relieved when it was over.
Eric had his wisdom teeth out two days later. I wish I had taken a video because he was so entertaining. I didn't think he would ever wake from this stupor.

We packed up Geoff, so he could leave two days later. All this time, for three weeks, Emily has had evening dance camp. School by day, dance by night. I woke up Eric for the next four days every 4 hours to take his medication. He finally woke up for a couple of days but then we packed him up and sent him back to Provo. School starts for Geoff and Eric tomorrow. What happened to the summer months where everyone slept in late and had nothing to do all day?

I fear we will never go back. It will never be the same. Geoff has plans for next summer, Eric will go on his mission and Emily will finally have the pool to herself.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Lori--thanks for the link. I love laughing at people after they get their wisdom teeth out too! In fact I think if should be a reality tv show, don't you? Wow, Emily must be in heaven with no boys at home!