Tuesday, November 3, 2009

We are singlehandedly

stimulating the Russian economy. Lonny leaves for work and brings home a check. I leave for the store and bring home the shoes. Emily leaves for dance and brings home the Russian pointe shoes all worn out. It's a vicious circle. Some parts have been repeated more often than others.

I left out the step of having to sew on the ribbons and elastic. (And people ask what I do all day? There you go.) The ribbon and elastic would normally be pink but these shoes are for the Nutcracker performance. I have yet to paint the shoes black, but I will, because Emily is a black butterfly.

The pictured shoes above left Russia pink, were painted purple last spring for recital and then I painted them black just for these very portraits. They are too worn out for dancing and I am worn out with this explanation.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a dedicated mom you are...have you tried teaching Emily how to sew those ribbons on herself (or are the shoes too expensive to risk)?

Elizabeth said...

I never knew you had to paint pointe shoes. Did you paint the butterfly wings, too? I'm glad someone is enjoying borsht today because of you. :)
BTW, I don't have your email and I took our family blog private yesterday. Email me @ jerebeth9@gmail.com if you care. But ok if you don't :)

OKTownsends said...

I will have to teach Emily how to sew on the ribbons if she keeps this up. We got another new pair yesterday that are waiting for the ribbons. They may be waiting awhile. I did not have to paint the butterfly wings, thank goodness. The costumes for The Nutcracker are just used year after year.