Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's been twenty-five years

since Lonny graduated from BYU Law School. He appears to be pleased. (I just now noticed the date, 10 years previous to the OK City bombing and 10 years and a day previous to our first visit to OK.) We celebrated Lonny's achievement by going to graduation again. Justin's law school graduation. BYU's commencement was last Thursday at the Marriott Center. The place was jam packed. It was my fifth time to attend a BYU graduation and I have never seen the place so full. Even Danny Ainge's skills didn't draw such a crowd. Elder Todd Christofferson spoke and I loved it. We were sitting so we could read the teleprompter which was just too enticing not to follow along. He could read (not everyone could) but he also casually veered from the prepared remarks. Here we are after commencement.

The Law School graduation was Friday afternoon at the Provo Tabernacle. Judge Clifford Wallace from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals was the speaker. He was at the Ninth Circuit when Lonny clerked there 25 years ago. Everyone involved has aged. I also enjoyed listening to him. He had some good stories.

Justin with Dean Rasband.



It was mostly sunny in Provo except for this day when the wind was freezing cold.
Can you see our teeth chattering in the photo? Lonny, Emily and I walked/ran the two blocks back to the condo because we were too cold to stand outside any longer.

Geoff and Eric missed out on the family picture. They hurried along they were so anxious to clean their apartments before they checked out later that evening.

Miranda's family also attended and then hosted a graduation party. We did a lot of celebrating in the four days Lonny and Emily were in UT. We made Emily miss school and fly to UT because it was her birthday.

She wanted to eat at Mayan Adventure. They seated us right by the water so not only could we see the divers but they got us wet. I mentioned to Eric to pay attention, surely his mission was depicted at The Mayan.

Then Geoff gave her his gift of sitting on her. Camryn was not injured during the making of this celebration.

And Happy Birthday on this very day to Justin. Twenty nine on the 29th! Odd, since Geoff was 22 on the 22nd this year.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Pam said...

We went to the Mayan once and sat by the water. It made me so nervous and I couldn't really watch the diver. I was so afraid he was going to crack his head. I'm such a "MoM".

Kara said...

Neat and eventful trip! Happy Birthday, Emily!! I well remember you at 2 years old - your mom threw the cutest barnyard party and you had the LONGEST HAIR I have EVER seen on a 2 year old!

m_perfect said...

I love the Provo Tabernacle! I used to go to church there ( for Stake Conference). Lots of neat stuff happening in your great big world! Congratulations!!!