Sunday, June 6, 2010

I hope you dance

Emily because over the last ten years we have spent a wad at the dance studio. I like to think that the dance teacher's children have dancing shoes because of our donations. Actually dance keeps Emily off the streets which could be why she is not very proficient at the bike.

Emily performed her solo Friday night. Saturday she danced at the Junior and Senior Concert. I always love the costumes and choreography and the crying dancers and the deer in the headlight dancers and the sassy preschoolers and the indignant someone is in my spot on stage during the performance dancer. It doesn't get any better than a good shove during a high kick. Not really, that would not be nice.

If you need your hair in a bun, I am your gal. False eyelashes I hire out.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Becky said...

Didn't you just love the grease dance?! What little girls doen't want to dance in a poodle skirt. You pegged it perfectly with the description of all the different types of little dancers. Hannah created quite a memory for us, head shaking, running off the stage, oh boy. Then Kate had the killer headache, oh boy. I am glad recital weekend is over though. I've got a whole year to prepare. :)

OKTownsends said...

We missed you Jenny! I have a video of the Grease dance from dress rehearsal, it just wouldn't load to the blog. I may try again. I wish I had seen Hannah, that's one of my favorite parts of recital, the meltdowns, the second thoughts, the "can't make me" dancer, love them! You will remember that forever.