Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summertime

School starts this week. I could use some relief from summer vacation. What time zone is this anyway?

We spent two weeks in WA with these Texans.

Trekked to the top of Mt. Erie to get some questions answered like why do I love WA?

Here's a good answer.

Lonny grew up in this navy town and never wanted our girls to wear sailor dresses. I have to say I enjoyed celebrating this fourth of July with the military. Who doesn't love a parade with flags, tanks and jets flying overhead?



Lonny, Eric, Emily and I took a kayaking tour around Burrows Island. And a ferry ride to Port Townsend.

The dock at Whidbey Island.

It's odd to see your name everywhere.

And then we climbed trees

and then we came home

so Eric could go on a mission.


Eric had two things he was thinking about. One he was nervous and the other he wanted to see his BYU roommates at the MTC. All six of his roommates would have been their at the same time except Elder Elder (really, not joking) left the morning Eric arrived. Eric was randomly met at the drop off by Elder Avila and Elder Self. Two of his BYU roommates. I think it was awesome.

And then Emily and I went back to WA


so we could play at the park

(big kids

and little kids.)

and play with Camryn

and go to the beach

and watch Bryce throw rocks

until his arm fell off.

It never ends. The throwing of rocks.

And then we came home to see if we could roast marshmallows on the sidewalk. Alas, it was too hot to try.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow-who knew you were so famous! Everyone is getting so big! And I've often wondered about the throwing of rocks. Is it bad for the environment? We went hiking and I really think I felt the earth erode as the kids dug up and threw rock after rock into the stream. And why is so facinating to them? They splash just the same way as they did a second ago:) Jeremy and I want to get away to WA sometime soon--any suggestions?