Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School

Emily has been in school for a week now. She was happy as a clam to go back to school on August 12th. Which makes me wonder about clams but that is a story for another day. She did say when she came home after the first day that it was like she had only been gone for a weekend not the whole summer. And oh yeah, this picture is 10 years old. It was Emily's first day of preschool. She was not thrilled then, unlike now. When I can get her to stand still I am going to take a current picture.

Emily has many of the same teachers as Geoff and Eric. There are some 900 8th graders at her school so with all those possibilities, it does seem odd to me that they have had the same team. Emily, Eric and Geoff all had Mr. Abshire for algebra 1 in 7th grade. Mr. Abshire was the national runner-up for teacher of the year several years ago. Hardly a day went by last year that Emily didn't mention something that had made her laugh in Mr. Abshire's class. He called Emily ET which is also what he called Eric. I don't remember math being that funny, but sadly after all these years he has left Jenks Middle School. We wish him well at OSU I think.

Here's Emily's home away from home.


Now this is funny, after all Jenks Middle School is not exactly youth conference. This is the cover of the school planner. Be honest and thank President Hinckley.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Sister Townsend,
I had to say hello! That picture of Emily in preschool is exactly how I remember her! So cute. I can see her saying "such a babe" or something like that, that Jenny had her saying all the time! :)
My brother and I both had Mr. Abshire and I'm so sad that he isn't at Jenks anymore! He was a fabulous teacher.
Jenny and I had so much fun catching up when she drove through Albuquerque a few weeks ago. It was great to hear how you all are doing. It's been so long!
Take care!
Love,
Lauri (Sheehan)

OKTownsends said...

Lauri!!!
That's funny you remember Emily at that age because that seems like a whole lifetime ago. Now you and Jen have your own little girls and their crazy antics. I am glad you two have been able to get together.
Keep in touch. Oh and I am happy to hear from another fan of Mr. Abshire.

Pam said...

I bet President Hinckley has the copyright? ;-)