Saturday, April 6, 2013

Where am I?

I came home yesterday to this scene in the driveway.  


I guess they are going in another direction on one of the houses within our wall.  Which made me think how much our house differs from the one we moved in to but it would take some dynamite to compare to some of the homes in our neighborhood.  I am okay with staying away from the explosives.
Looking through the pictures of the house before we moved here reminded me how much has changed.  This is our front door and the window looking into the kitchen.  No wonder it looks like a jungle from the inside.


This is the front of the house on the other side of the front door.  The windows in the center look into our family room and on the far left is Eric's room although he rarely comes home to sleep.


This is the pool at the park through our backyard gate.  On the last weekend before school started a month ago Emily had friends over and they went to the park.  I went to go check on them and they were all wet.  They had jumped in the pool with their clothes on.  They were worried we would be mad as they explained it was their last fling of summer.  I thought it (their soaking wet selves and their desperate explanation) was funny and thankfully their parents did as well as we sent them home with all the towels.


And really who could have resisted, when the pool was so irresistible.


The living room predynamite, or paint or
reupholstery.  



The newest addition is that air conditioner on the wall.  I forgot how it use to look or maybe I just did not frequent the indoor oven.


My friends and I like to go to the Inka Market.  The first time I went I thought to myself I will never buy anything here but now I am slightly addicted.  I am sure it is only for the tourists, no self respecting native would shop there.
The shops look like overkill.



We like to joke that we should not shop so often or our living spaces will look like this and that would just be frightening.


Our neighbors painted their house a month or so ago.  Our house is on the right.  Not sure their color preference is socially acceptable.  And then I remember this isn't Kansas.
  I find myself constantly asking where I am and still a bit surprised when I realize the answer.


No comments: