Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Seminary

is really early.  And sometimes involves a mechanical bull.


 This photo below is right after they explained to me that their parents do not understand technology, but honestly leaving Ashley out of the picture(far left)has more to do with my blindness.  Thanks to Jonathon and Dallas for imitating Emily's perpetual picture pose.


This is what was left of the class when three of them decided to leave Peru for awhile and an attempt was made to convince our deserters we didn't care.


But this was the real story.


We have been studying the Book of Mormon and I have to say it is my favorite.  When I first taught Seminary I taught the last 2 or 3 months of the school year and we also studied the Book of Mormon. It was hard to come in at the end of a year and we were behind in the book so it was frustrating to get it all accomplished.  This year has also been my first having Seminary at home which is AWESOME. First of all there is no drive to the church obviously but I can prepare the room and not worry that someone is going to take down the tables or leave the chairs in another room or discover food, paint, glitter or some unidentifiable scientific experiment on the tables five minutes before we start.
The best part of Seminary has always been the kids.  I know it is not normal but I really like teenagers.  I have always fallen in love with my Seminary students.  I can't think of one that I am not rather fond of. 
This morning our summer ended. I asked them to pretend they were annoyed that their days of sleeping in were over.


I don't know that they were that convincing.  I like sleeping in too but I will miss them when they are not at my house at 6 a.m.

I would think that most members of the Church know lots of missionaries serving right now and that is true for me as well.  These are all the amazing and wonderful missionaries serving at the moment that I have had in Seminary.  I stole most of their pictures from Facebook, but we are friends . . . . so we share.



Jacob moved to Jenks when he was in high school.  He played Jenks football and also danced at Emily's ballet studio.  He is a missionary in San Diego, CA.


Vance moved to Jenks when he was a little kid.  He has been fed chocolate chip cookies by me since he was in elementary school.  I just got a letter from him last week telling me he missed the cookies.  He is a missionary in London, England.



Cori (right) was in my Seminary class when she was in the 9th grade and then she moved:(  I had her in YW before that.  I met her when she was 11 and we are still pals. 


She and her sister Colleen came to visit in Peru last year.  She is a missionary in the Philippines. 

 

Jesse has the funniest laugh.  Just try not to laugh when Jesse is laughing.  I have known him since he was a little kid when his family moved to Jenks.  He is a missionary in Twin Falls, ID.  He has exceptional taste in girls.


You may recognize Nicole from Jesse's picture.  Nicole is the sweetest girl and I have also had her in YW and at girl's camp as well as Seminary.  She just entered the Provo MTC and is on her way to Brazil.


Samantha is a beautiful girl that I have known since she was a baby.
She is a missionary in Pocatello, ID.

I love them all.  When I hear people pray for the missionaries now, this is who I think of . . . . they are the best.

No comments: