Thursday, February 20, 2014

Surfing



If you live on the ocean you might as well be surfing.  I don't think we say that in WA.  The water is still not comfortably warm so the wet suit helps.  Emily has been taking surf lessons for the past month with two friends.  One of the boys was sick today and the other boy's mom took these pictures that she sent to me. Do you want to know something weird?  This boy just moved to Peru from Thailand,  I think.  His family spent a few weeks in Bentonville, AK before their arrival here.  He got his Patriarchal Blessing during that time from President Ming!  If you don't know, Sister Ming was Emily's other mother.


  Emily would never have posed for me:)



 Warm-ups.


The boards are gigantic for beginners.


 The buildings in the background


are the restaurant on that pier.


They surfed right beside the pier today.


Paddling in.


She has had such a good time learning to surf.


I have a movie of her surfing but I can never get video on here.


So surfing in Peru


 still requires a VW bus.





No comments: