Friday, January 23, 2015

I needed a break . . .

from setting my alarm for 5 a.m.  It's summer vacation and like everywhere else that means no school and no Seminary.  I am sleeping in and ignoring my studies like a normal high schooler.  I should be more responsible since I am the teacher.  When summer break ends Seminary will once again take over my time.  Some days it feels like that it is all I do.  I must wake up at 5 a.m. which always feels like the middle of the night when the alarm goes off.  Seminary is at 6 a.m. at my house with 14 students who rarely miss a day.  Most days all 14 are in the house.  They may walk in the door unconscious but I feel it is my duty to wake them up.  Sometimes I put them to sleep though and that is not my favorite thing.  I intend to get them thinking but not to incite pandemonium.  It's a fine line.  The bus picks them up for school in front of the house.  Sometimes I take a nap after they leave so I don't feel exhausted all day.   That can only last until nine though because the maid, the gardener and the window washer arrive.  It is a weird life.  There may be someone else mowing the lawn and scrubbing the tub but I have another lesson to prepare. 

I took this picture on dress-up weird day so my apologies.

I would never have imagined that I would teach Seminary for more than five years because I so enjoy being asleep at 6:30 in the morning.  (I am going to need a vacation after this 3 year trip to Peru.)  Honestly, I will miss my rise and shine party each morning with these beautiful faces.

No comments: