Thursday, January 22, 2015

What was I saying . . . .

because some details of the last six months are a missing.

I took Emily to the airport last week and she flew to South America by herself.  She has flown here and there and everywhere so getting through security and finding her gate and not speaking to strangers (ha)and filling out the customs form and speaking Spanish and answering questions through immigration and customs then arriving at home in a taxi were not a concern.  Lonny's flight a week earlier had been delayed which required staying one night in a hotel in Houston.  I hoped that would not happen to my 17 year old child without a parent because then I would have worried.

Leaving her at the airport though made me consider how short the time is I have left with her.  She will graduate from high school in May and be off to college in the fall.  I started to think of the important questions I should answer . . .

like who will change the radio station in the car when a song plays that no one wants to hear?  




Emily has danced since she was three years old.  I have driven her to dance class three to five times a week the last fifteen years.  She does not have a driver's license and still depends on her parents for rides.

What will I do then, when before I was doing something for her?

I have had one or more children at home for the last 33+ years.  When asked what I do my answer is I am a Mom.  I am not so much worried about what to do when she is away.
I just wonder who I will be?

No comments: