Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random things

from the last week or the last century. My mom is now 77 years old. Happy Birthday mom. This is her college graduation when I was probably 11. Hello, I am on a journey to tower over my older sister. I bought the pink dress from the Sears catalog. I loved it so much that when they didn't have my size I ordered the chubby version. Should I be happy I appear to be wearing a potato sack?


Jenny came last week with the kids and a friend who also brought her two kids. The unrelated little girl started calling me grandma which I thought was cute. And then the realization. . . is it good to look like you should be called grandma? Jenny arrived just in time to see Emily in The Nutcracker on Friday night. Emily was the Butterfly Doll. She had a solo dance while everyone on stage (and supposedly the audience) watched. The dance was lengthy and just really adorable. We were thrilled to have Jenny, Kirsten,and some neighbors and friends attend because. . .
Houston had record snow last Friday. Flights were canceled, including Lonny's return flight to see Emily dance. His boss eventually chartered a plane to come pick them up, but it was too late. We are hoping with all the other audience members that came to see her the likelihood of her eventual therapy is lessened.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: