Thursday, March 11, 2010

Zarahemla or bust


You can blame Lonny that Eric is going to the
Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico Mission.
Lonny and I have an ongoing debate about where to vacation. He prefers ancient ruins. I prefer clean sheets, food I recognize (just to clarify I can determine if it is a fish or not without the head and tail on my plate) and no lizards under the bed or hanging from the ceiling. Lonny has been trying to convince me for years that Belize and Guatemala would be the trip of a lifetime. I'm not talking cold refreshments or warm sandy beaches. What I really mean is warm Fanta. I remind him that I have been to the Yucatan. I have been to Peru. I have seen a live chicken in the kitchen. I have carried my own roll of tp. Let's go to Balmoral.
We have had the good fortune to vacation where our son's have been on their missions so you can see what this means. A big smile spread across Lonny's face when the realization hit.
Hey Eric, I know where you can get a deal on a hammock.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Congratulations, Eric! I can't believe you are old enough to serve a mission, though!