Thursday, August 11, 2011

88.9 degrees

was the average temperature in the state of Oklahoma during the month of July. That is the hottest average temperature of any state in the U S of A ever. Ever. In history. Congratulations for surviving that. I was only home for the first nine days so I probably don't qualify for the medal.

Way back at the end of May when summer still looked promising it was already 100 degrees. If we had known then how refreshing that would seem by August, I would not have felt so bad for having Emily stand on a bridge to have her photo taken during a sweat fest.

I do love these pictures taken by Andria Largent Gebhard, though.









2 comments:

m_perfect said...

She is so beautiful! Looks so like you!

OKTownsends said...

MARCY!!! you are too nice, I thought about you on 8-11, I hope you had a very happy birthday!