Friday, February 27, 2009

Can you hear me now?

It would help if I knew what questions to ask. I read in the Church News that President Monson spoke at a BYU devotional in January. Eric has never been in the same room as the prophet until then. He was there but he didn't mention it when he called. I asked. Later. Eric also has a new roommate this semester. I knew that but I just recently asked where he was from. Wasilla, Alaska. Uh, yeah I have heard of that. Apparently his roommate went to school with the Palin children. Umm, yes, Eric I might have found that interesting. This lack of knowledge reminds me of the time we had a babysitter in Seattle. It had to have been 20 years ago but I remember coming home and everything appearing normal but over the course of a few days finding sugar everywhere. Everywhere. The couch cushions. Their beds. The babysitter had taught the kids to stick their finger in their mouth and then in the sugar bowl. I thought for a long time after that, how was I supposed to know that before I left I should have told my children don't stick your finger in your mouth and then put it in the sugar bowl. Who knew?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I have kids that take months before they bother to remember their Sunday School teachers name...when I ask them their usual response is "Brother (or Sister) Somebody...

Mind you, we've been in the same ward for 10 years and have known many of the members here for much longer than that.

Kimberlee T said...

I can't wait until Devin goes on his mission and HAS to write us every week. I hope he writes letters like Geoff. I'm going to miss Geoff's letters...

m_perfect said...

Foresight and unbounded imagination...apparently I never stood in those lines long enough either.
I love to hear the stories ( years later!) about, "Guess what happened that time you were gone Mom". Oh wait, I hate those stories.