Monday, June 1, 2009

I have taken time to think about it


and finally decided not to become an emergency room doctor. I could not handle the chaos, the urgency, everyone needing me at the same time. I will just be a mom, where I only have to make and send out invitations, design, print and fold programs, put together a movie of my child's life, and make 7 dozen cookies all for Eric's Eagle Court of Honor last night.


Which left oodles of time to stitch together these 15 scripture bags for girl's camp, collect the boards and vinyl lettering for a camp craft project, figure out how I have $1000+ for the 72 hour kits to be put together at Enrichment Night tomorrow evening and gather all the samples, prices and instructors for the Super Saturday in August that we will be having sign-ups for starting this Sunday.

Today, I have some relaxing activities planned like watching Eric pack for the high adventure that he is leaving for this afternoon. I think he may even unpack as well from the YSA conference he, Geoff and Lonny attended over the past three days in Arkansas. Emily and I are having sewing lesson two while she stitches a small quilt for a personal progress project. Meanwhile these two kiddos are staying with me while their parents vacation just to keep me from being bored out of my mind while I pack for girl's camp which is next week.

And really, it's easier to access the toys if you just sit in the box. He's a smart one. I'll be back after the laundry is done.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What? I think I see a few minutes to spare in there somewhere - if you eliminate sleeping altogether.

theresa said...

It's too bad your life is so hum-drum and boring! Good thing you have the excitement of the recital this weekend to give you a little something to do...

m_perfect said...

I'm exhausted just reading that...I think I'll go lie down.