Monday, June 8, 2009

She's taking the week off

from dancing. Friday and Saturday night were Emily's dance recitals. I have to say I was a little disappointed the dance that I had to paint her pointe shoes purple wasn't longer.

At least I have the satisfaction that it can be done. Turning pink shoes into purple that is.
Good thing she has a whole week off from driving back and forth to the dance studio, changing into dance clothes, sweating for three hours only to rinse and repeat the next day.
She can rest up at girl's camp this week.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Debbie said...

girls camp = rest? Are you sure?

OKTownsends said...

What!? You don't think girl's camp is refreshing?

Becky said...

That's funny, I thought the same thing about the point piece, "it's over?" I wanted to see more, I like the funky ballet point pieces. Although there was a grandma sitting behind me that would beg to differ.

I was to emotional after Molly's dance to tell you how wonderful Emily was Fri night. She did such a great job, I loved the music. The music is 1/2 of it for me. Enjoy the dance break, although camp?

theresa said...

I agree about the pointe dance. The intro pointe piece was longer!!! But, I am not complaining...or am I?! That's the bitter part of the bittersweet...when they finally get to advance and dance with the older girls, they end up tucked in the back or in little parts; but that is all a part of the process, right? I really liked Emily's Pointe Night dance. She did a great job!