Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cats and dogs.


It's been raining them since I came home. I spent two weeks in "sunny WA." Keep that to yourself because the natives don't appreciate those two words in the same sentence being announced across cyberspace.


I took the pictures just to prove my imagination wasn't running rampant. I can come up with some tall tales but this wasn't one of them.
And since we are telling stories, they say you should never drive into water over the road and I do promise never to smirk at drowned rats again. It may appear that I am about to confess that I did nearly perish but alas, tis not true. I only repeatedly witnessed the dilemma of if you can't drive through the water across the road then how are you going to get home, or who is going to pick up your daughter or how can you get a cheeseburger? So it rains 5" in about three hours Thursday night. There was water on the road. I didn't really want a cheeseburger. I did pick up my daughter and we did go home and I confess to driving through water on the road in OK. The roads were dry in WA.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It's still sunny here!

Kimberlee T said...

In AZ you can actually get a ticket for driving across the road/wash during heavy rain. They call it the "stupid motorist law" and we see them every time it rains on the news being rescued...Glad to hear you are safe and sane. PS Thanks for the package for Devin. It's getting close.