Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Free agency and cleaning the tub

We spent the weekend with the newlyweds. Geoff looks as if he has the strength and stamina to pick up his own dirty laundry but apparently not. Why isn't that a recommend question?

Lonny and I attended his 25 year law school reunion. (I don't know why they don't wait 25 years to throw the bash, 1985 wasn't that long ago.)

While Lonny and Geoff disappeared for a few hours to the Priesthood session Alayna and I hung out. We didn't realize we would see Alex Boye



or Jericho Road. That's Michael
Mclean leaning against the wall.

I coerced a photo and then edited myself out, they were too cute together and I just looked third wheel cute. There were authors signing books and oh yeah, Sherrie Dew and Wendy Watson wandering around. It was like Santa's workshop when all the toys come to life. We walked through Temple Square and the visitor's center.



Sunday afternoon we all went to General Conference. The ten or so people sitting in front of us were German. Geoff was accused of speaking Bavarian. The members beside Lonny were from Australia. The traditionally dressed on the other side of Geoff didn't speak English but probably call South American the homeland. We thought we were in the international section but than remembered we were from Oklahoma which only seems like a foreign country. Our fellow Okies came to say hi and then surprisingly one confessed to being a first timer to Temple Square. We had to ask what took so long, surely crossing the plains is less cumbersome than the Atlantic.



We visited my parents and my sister. I wish I had a picture of my nieces beautiful baby boy. He was just six days on earth but had the hair of a 16 year old. Okay maybe not Justin
Beiber but close. In the span of five days my cousin had a girl named Malone and my niece named her boy Stockton. The whole family gasped over what b-ball player names were left for the unborn. Not to worry.
Kareem,
Abdul,
and Jabbar (my personal favorite).
are all still available.

We ended the whirlwind visit with Lonny cleaning out the tub drain. I am confident you would want to thank me for not picturing that event.
Look, she's over the moon at the clean tub drain.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

Hey, I have a friend here in Houston who just named her baby Stockton! Are you related or is that a funny coincidence?!

OKTownsends said...

Wow, who knew the name was so popular? My niece with baby Stockton lives in UT. My cousin with baby Malone (actually the middle name) lives in TX.