Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week in Review

I am not sure of blogging protocol concerning chatting about General Authorities so I could be breaking some rules here. We had our stake conference last weekend. Lonny picked up Elder Zwick from his hotel to drive to Bartlesville. He asked all about the family and told Lonny about his. His wife is a relative to Ralph and Helen Lake, my stake president in Eugene when I was a child. He built the Portland Temple. He has a daughter named Jenny and married to John Eyring, son of President Eyring. He has been to Eric's mission and told a story in stake conference about the Mayan people of Tuxtla Gutierrez. He personally assured me that Eric's mission was a safe part of Mexico. On Sunday afternoon we had dinner together. Emily was the unfortunate only kid there so she got more attention than she desired. Lonny told the gathering that Emily has memorized The Living Christ. She was asked to recite her favorite part and she performed like a champ. Wednesday at dawn, I had her recite the full version to my seminary class.

Monday morning was Justin's first day in his new job as a lawyer. There were days in his reckless youth we thought he might need one. When Justin was little I suggested he drive the Keebler truck so we could eat the cookies at lunch time. A mom can dream.

This morning Jenny called and she had had the BABY!!!! Baby Max did not wait for Grandma. Or the epidural. So, yeah, that's what happened.

7 comments:

Kimberlee T said...

Well, conrats to Jenny. Can't wait to see a picture and hear more details.

Debbie said...

The theme song to "It's a Small World" is running through my head. The words should be changed to suitably reflect how small the world is in the church.

Also, you're teaching seminary again?

Pam said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby and a son with a job! Happy day!

OKTownsends said...

The seminary teacher this year travels some for work so I am his permanent sub. I wish they were my class except when I get up at 6:45 and I think, oh that was nice, not getting up at 5!

grammy said...

cant believe how big those trees are in your front yard! how time flies. glad justin has a job. glad jenny had max. glad things are going well. miss you. xoxo rena

Kara said...

Ok, so I miss checking blogs for a few weeks and what happens?? Jenny has a baby (great name too!) :) Justin becomes a real lawyer! and the Townsends are moving back to Washington??? Sad for Oklahoma! I know you will be missed.

and good for Emily for memorizing The Living Christ! What a great girl.

Tell her not to forget about a boy named David some day :) And if you ever drive this way again be sure to stop in.

Elizabeth said...

I have nothing snarky or clever to say, but I'll try. Too bad the Keebler truck doesn't have better pay. And Max is adorable--congrats to Jenny on another beautiful baby! I'll try not to tell all the General Authorities I have on speed dial about your blog. And aren't you glad Emily hadn't memorized all the lyrics to the Grateful Dead albums or something?