Friday, October 8, 2010

Something from nothing



I leave for a week and now there is a practically a Quiktrip on Elm Street. I have waited 15 years for a Quiktrip in Jenks. Now they build one. Fine.

I will miss you.



Or maybe this post should be titled nothing from something because the First Baptist Church sat here before I left home. Emily and Eric went to preschool in the brick building to the right but graduation was in the missing building. Emily still has piano lessons in that white house.



Here's the closeup, only the foundation remains. As if the Church was just taken up to heaven. Hmm, well they did build a big new building, so mystery solved. Probably.

When we moved to Jenks I wondered why there was nothing built along the river. That's considered prime property anywhere but here. This future restaurant wasn't there when I left town either but now it sits between the Jenks bridge and the Aquarium.

I thought we were in a recession. You can't tell around here.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: