Saturday, January 30, 2010

Raise your hand

if you are tired of winter. First we had an ice storm Thursday. Folks around here are understandably paranoid about losing power for days at a time. The woman behind me at the grocery store check out said last ice storm they were without power for 8 days. Eight days! This morning on the news they mentioned that 150,000 people in OK are without power, 10 of those are from in and around Tulsa. Unfortunately for them that probably eliminates them as a priority. Better to be in a group of thousands.

Then it snowed on top of the ice all day Friday. It was the Christmas Eve blizzard all over again. Well, without the anticipation of Santa, presents, grandchildren and twenty pounds of chocolate.

May I suggest caution when under the icicles. I haven't seen such weapons since we lived in Utah.

The list of available snowshovelers of walkways has dwindled at our house. Emily's name was in first position.

May all the trees weather the storm and the two months left until spring for the really exceptional OK weather.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jen and michael said...

Great job with the shoveling, Emily!

Emily Townsend said...

I'm not even the one who shoveled the stairs in the picture, my dad did. But for the record I did shovel!

Pam said...

This is me, raising my hand VERY high!!!
There is not many things better than waking up to above-freezing temperatures!