Sunday, January 3, 2010

Something smells

fishy. Or so I'm told. We went to the Aquarium while I had a cold. I couldn't smell a thing.

This tank had shrimp paddling around that you could let crawl into your hand. I am not sure why you would want to do that but Colton was about to gather enough for a cocktail.



Here Colton appears to benevolently feed the hungry, but with just one lick he pulls back on the rod and flings turtle food juice into the face of unsuspecting bystanders. Eeewww!


Eric staring at a tank of sharks and stingrays, as if he's longing for one last glimpse of Ariel. Whatever.


The nice otter caretaker told Kirsten to run back and forth in front of the tank and the otters followed, swimming back and forth as she ran. The otter down in the corner is waiting for her to get going again. The otter in the upper pool is just showing off.

Waiting patiently to touch the sharks and stingrays.

Colton sees something he wants.

And he's going in.
Kirsten's hair was half wet and the front of her shirt was soaked by the time she got done with the stingrays.

Looks like some serious contemplation in the shark tank, or under the shark tank I should say.



Lots of bull in the shark tank.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Am I the only one (including the Aquarium helpers) that sees the green funk around the edge of the stingray tank? :) I miss the Aquarium. And congrats on 30 years. And the snow. And anything else:)Oh, I think I never emailed you back about the funny turkey link you sent. It was incredibly funny! yes, Kristi can be on our tour...now about sponsors...

OKTownsends said...

Funny you should mention the green funk in the tank. The picture of Jenny, Eric and Emily was the one
least revealing of their disgust. I half expected Kirsten's shirt to have a green ring around her belly when it dried.
Sponsors. . .toilet bowl cleaners, hand sanitizers and air fresheners for sure.