Saturday, January 23, 2010

They can dunk

and dribble just like the olden days when we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters in our horse and buggy. They even had some of the same jokes like throwing a bucket of water into the audience. The joke is the water is gone, replaced with confetti. It had the family in front of us screaming, though. Ha ha. We endured some lame antics all evening and others impressive.

This guy stood in the stands right next to us to shoot a basket. He tried three or four times but was unsuccessful. It was a shame, so close.

It was a fun night, just not like I remember them. The HG's opponent, the Generals, had one familiar hoopster. Last season's Biggest Loser winner, Danny, from Broken Arrow. Emily and I are big fans of the show so meeting him was awesome and awkward all at the same time. You know how talented I am at small talk. My goal was just not to embarrass myself.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kimberlee T said...

I remember seeing them when I was a kid also. We're "Amazing Race" fans, did you see the two guys from the Globetrotters that were on the race? We thought they were pretty funny on the show.

OKTownsends said...

They introduced the guys that were on the Amazing Race, but I had never seen the show. You should go see them when they come to Tucson. The HG always come to Tulsa this time of year. Geoff has been twice with friends for his birthday over the years.